Are you looking for an easy to make, low carb chicken stuffed peppers recipe? If yes, then you’ve come to the right place. I’m sure you’ll love this recipe.
When I started the GAPs diet to heal inflammation and reduce arthritis pain, it was very tough to get full and also to remain full after meals. The diet is starch-free and extremely low in carbs. It’s like Keto on steroids. I had to start getting creative if I were to follow through with the diet and not quit after a day.
I LOVE bread. And cutting that out of my life for a little while was so hard. Bread easily gets me full quickly and I always included a small piece with my meals. But grains, in general, had to be eliminated for a little while to allow the body to heal. Anyway, I started looking for ways to feel full after my meals. And I found that adding healthy fats did the trick.
And that’s the secret addition in this recipe! These low carb stuffed peppers are very filling. I couldn’t even finish my place. I love making them and I’ve recently been alternating between beef and chicken.
If you’re trying to just cut down on starchy carbs… then you’ve definitely made the right choice. After going through the GAPs diet and reducing all carbs (especially grains and starches), I noticed huge improvement in my health, skin, hair, and level of energy.
A few things I noticed immediately
- Sustain energy throughout my morning – I no longer get those energy slumps at 10 am
- I have more energy during my workouts
- My digestion improved.
- I get satisfied quickly during my meals. Often, I can’t even finish my plate.
- My skin condition improved.
Anyway. Let’s get to the recipe. One quick note, I had a lot of leftovers left. So be prepared to feel full and satisfied 🙂
Low Carb Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- 4-6 peppers halved and seeded
- Cooked chicken breast - shredded
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese ( I used cheddar)
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese
- 1-2 chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter (microwave for 10 seconds to bring to melt)
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1 tsp flax seed
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees.
- Cut the peppers in half, remove the seeds and bring to boil for 5 minutes (or microwave) - remove and let sit for few minutes
- While the peppers are sitting. Mix in a bowl the grated cheese, chicken, cream cheese, spices.
- Mix the breading ingredients together.
- Start stuffing the peppers with the chicken mixture, and add some breading on top.
- Place in a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top turn brown (as in the picture)
- You don’t ‘need’ to use any oil in this recipe. The cheese is enough to add moisture to the peppers.
- I used red, yellow and green peppers just because they came in different colors in the bag. You can totally use only green or red or yellow peppers.
- The flaxseed is optional. It just adds a nice texture to the chicken.
- I cooked the chicken briefly in a pan. If you don’t want to bake it, it won’t change how these will turn out. Just cook it in a pan for a few minutes, it will continue cooking in the oven.
If you’re interested in learning more about the GAPs diet to heal from inflammation, restore your gut health and reduce arthritis pain, here’s my quick story on the GAPs diet.
If you make these amazing stuffed peppers, don’t forget to come back and leave me a comment on how they turned out? I’m sure you can’t mess it up.
- How To Sleep With Piriformis Syndrome And Sciatica (Best Sleeping Positions!) - January 22, 2021
- 7 Effective Core Exercises For Back Pain Relief (PDF Included!) - December 18, 2020
- Keto Green Smoothie (That Looks And Tastes Good!) - November 24, 2020