Full disclosure: this post contains affiliate links. I only mention products I personally use and recommend…and if you purchase from Amazon using my affiliate link, I get a small commission. You won’t pay more!
Turmeric and aloe vera contain powerful anti-inflammatory properties that’ll help you reduce inflammation, joint pain, and arthritis.
While you can definitely consume turmeric or aloe vera dietary pills or powders, it’s always best to get your nutrients from whole foods.
Minimum to no processing is key when consuming anti-inflammatory foods.
Today, we’ll be combining both aloe vera and turmeric to make a delicious smoothie drink that will give your body everything it needs to boost healing and lower inflammation.
It’s refreshing, full of anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatories, and vitamins to supplement your diet.
Aloe Vera and Turmeric Benefits
Aloe vera is not only beneficial for skin renewal but it can help your body heal, regenerate, and detox itself from toxins.
In fact, there have been a lot of studies (1) that shows the therapeutic effects of aloe vera to help treat inflammatory bowel disease.
I started incorporating Aloe vera into my diet when I was diagnosed with an L5/S1 disc herniation.
I learned about the importance of aloe vera in supporting bone regeneration.
I was desperate to heal naturally so I bought a bottle of aloe vera gel and started mixing it with my juices and smoothies.
I also found aloe vera juice. They both worked well.
Since then, aloe vera and turmeric (in addition to ginger) have been an important part of my daily nutrition.
Benefits of Aloe vera:
- Reduce pain and inflammation and stimulate cell growth.
- Natural laxative.
- Detoxifies your body.
- It gives your immune system a boost.
- It provides amazing skincare and promotes skin repair.
Benefits of Turmeric
- Reduces inflammation.
- Fights rheumatoid arthritis.
- Ability to reduce cancer by destroying cancer cells.
- Helps manage gastrointestinal disorders.
- Natural pain killer.
Turmeric and Aloe Vera Smoothie
- I mixed a high-quality collagen protein powder with this smoothie. Collagen protein supports bone and joint health and also helps reduce inflammation.
- Here’s the aloe vera juice I use for my smoothie recipes (or to mix in other drinks). I’ve also used aloe vera gel from the same brand.
- Freshly sliced turmeric (1/2 tsp)
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 Pear
- 1 cup of cucumbers
- 1/4 cup of orange juice/raw orange
- 2 tbsp Aloe vera juice or gel
- 1 spoon of collagen protein (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together. You can add more pure orange juice for extra sweetness if you'd like.
You can use an apple instead of a pear.
Collagen protein is also beneficial for healing inflammation. But it's totally optional.
- How To Sleep With Piriformis Syndrome And Sciatica (Best Sleeping Positions!) - January 22, 2021
- 7 Effective Core Exercises For Back Pain Relief (PDF Included!) - December 18, 2020
- Keto Green Smoothie (That Looks And Tastes Good!) - November 24, 2020